Wednesday 26 March 2014

A Little Bag

I am in the process of bringing more structure into my life and one step is trying to figure out how I can carry things in my huge hand bag without having to search smaller things for ages. I have a walking pharmacy and a selfmade bag for my pens and pencils which didn't turn out great so I'm not showing you. What I do want to share is this little bag I made:




I made it from one of the patchwork fabric pieces I bought and just added a bit of lace. It's handsewn because I wanted to do some actual needlework for once, I sew most things with my Singer to be honest. Anyway, this little thing now sits in my walking pharmacy and contains some random things no sane person would carry around but we are all mad here, aren't we?





So this is what I keep in there:


  • Candy
  • Chewing gum
  • Salt
  • Sweetener in the little flower thingy





So, who the fuck carries sweetener around you'll ask. I do. From now on at least. I recently found out that the sweetener in uni contains lactose and as a vegan I really don't want to use that (and I don't really like sugar in my coffee...).
It's a regular little plastic bag but I didn't wnat to make it look like I carry around drugs so I put some washi tape around it to make it look more harmless. And hey, everything looks better with kitchy flower patterns, right?

Do you carry around any weird things?

Have a great day!
The Countess

2 comments:

  1. That's a really sweet little bag you made! Love the idea of camoflaging the plastic bag with washi tape too.
    I carry all sorts of odd stuff too - because I can't bear to forget anything - so I have a mini sewing kit, a first aid kit, folding plastic forks and spoon and many other odd things with me at all times, along with all the usual things like make-up, pencil case and so on.
    If I'm going away from home for more than a day I also carry a little bag with underwear, socks, strap top, travel wash liquid, toothbrush and toothpaste in so that if I become seperated from my suitcsae I don't have to lose the comforts of civilisation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, you sound amazingly organised, that is really cool! I try and be more organised but I would have never thought of carrying a fork, it's a really good idea though!!

      Delete