Wednesday 30 January 2013

Thoughts On Our Generation. A Poem. Sort of.

I gave up writing poems a long time ago but after reading a lot about Ginsberg and the Beat Generation I thought I could at least write down all the little pieces that come to my mind at random points.
I don't consider this real poetry, it is really just unarticulated thoughts but this is my blog and I'll post it anyway. Here we go. Enjoy.



A generation of artists and free spirits
Fingers stained with oil and ink and paint
Heads leaking and bursting,
Creativity dripping out when all we really need is logic, arthmetic and oh, so many grammar rules
A generation without Einsteins and Kants but with a fuckload of Ginsbergs and Morans and Palmers
What we have in vision we lack in discipline
I wouldn't want it any other way



People mentioned: Allen Ginsberg, Caitlin Moran, Amanda Palmer


Have a great day!
The Countess


No comments:

Post a Comment