Thursday 27 September 2012

Old Lady Skills

I am an old lady. 
Seriously. 
I am, as Mrs Hudson in BBC Sherlock would say, "more of a sitting down type". I like quiet evenings in bed with a movie and some needlework and I have never ever been to a club or disco. I am into sewing and stichting, I make my own handkerchiefs (yes, I use them) and now I have decided to add another skill to my grandma super powers: Knitting!
I tried to learn how to knit last year but I didn't have the right wool for beginners and my mum is not the best when it comes to explaining handiwork things but over the year my little sister tought it herself over Youtube and now she finally was able to show me how to do it. Yay!
I started with the most simple thing a person can knit: A skarf:




I have knitted 102cm aka 200g so far but I knew I would need another 200g so my mum was nice enough to buy me some more wool today. Out of some wild enthusiasm I also bought some pink wool to make another skarf, a thinner, longer one. Of course, when I say wool I don't mean real wool, it's 100% acrylic and cruelty free.



Do you knit?
Have a great day,
The Countess




No comments:

Post a Comment