Wednesday 9 October 2013

Pleased to Meet You

Hello, I'm the Countess and I don't know enough about you.

We all have those little corners on the mighty internet where we put our thoughts and hopes and pictures and sometimes other people visit our corner and stay for a look, a chat and maybe tea. This here is one of my little corners and sometimes you lovely guys come and visit me here. Tea, anyone? Lately, I have left my corner empty a bit too often and I regret that because when I'm not in my corner you can't visit and stay for a chat. So I thought we could get to know each other a little better. Pick one or several of the following questions, answer them in the comments and feel free to ask me whatever you like. This is going to be our chat in my relived corner, I hope you enjoy it.


What do you call home?

Did/do you enjoy going to school?

What is your favourite thing in your room?

Care to tell me your favourite poem?

When you were a child what was your favourite game?


Have a wonderful day,
The Countess

5 comments:

  1. My absolute favourite poems would have to be The Stolen Child by William Butler Yeats, The Fairies, by William Allingham, The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes, Coleridge's The Rime of the Ancient Mariner and The Lady of Shalott by Alfred, Lord Tennyson. If I had to choose my absolute favourite, it would probably be The Lady of Shalott, but it would be a hard choice. What are yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that's a lot, I'll check them all out!! One of my favourite is What It Is, I've written about it (sort of) before: http://ahandfulloffairydust.blogspot.de/2013/01/what-it-is-poem.html

      Delete
  2. What a lovely post and interesting post. One of my favorite parts of blogging is meeting my fellow bloggers and starting a conversation.

    I do enjoy going to school. It gives my days a structure for learning because otherwise I have a tendency to sample a hundred things lightly rather than dive deep into a mastery of one.

    "Do not go gentle into that good night" by Dylan Thomas would be my favorite poem. I love the flow of the repetition and the more I think about the lyrics the deeper they appear

    Finally, my favorite game as a child was sitting up late with my sister and coming up with stories about us as princesses. Either that or "Squirrels." Which is where our rooms were squirrel nests and we knocked on eachothers doors and welcomed each other into the neighborhood with offerings from the linen closet. Ha. I hadn't thought of those games in years. Thanks for reminding me.

    What about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy going to uni too, it's a bit difficult to get out of bed on a regular basis for me, especially when the sky is grey and the classes are boring but in general I really like it!

      I will check out the Dylan Thomas poem, thanks a lot, I love reading poems!

      Awww, wow, those games sound wonderful! Especially the squirrel one.
      I liked playing on my own a lot, I had a bunch of imaginary friends, they were my gang and I was their leader and I made up conversations I'd have with them. And with my real friends I used to ride my bike a lot. We pretended they were horses and we even tied ropes to the handlebars and steer our bikes with those ropes. And sometimes we even put both our knees on the saddle when we were fats enough and then we'd put one leg back like an acrobat (while steering with the ropes). No, we never fell, no, nobody got hurt, thinking about it that really surprises me, it was soooo dangerous!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks!

    The Raven is a classic of course! Did you know it was inspired by Gottfried August Bürger's poem Lenore which is my favourite?

    I haven't read all of the ones you mentioned yet but I will do so right now!

    ReplyDelete