Monday 29 October 2012

Thoughts From The Wrong Century

Homophobia sucks. It is nothing but wrong, stupid and dangerous. 
We are all the same and therefore we all should have the same rights, it's that easy!

I want to sharewith you  the best speech in favour of gay rights I have heard in a long time. Not only is it witty and funny it is also so very true!

"I'm sorry, I brought the wrong notes with me this evening, I borrowed my arguments from the wrong century. It turns out what I have been reading to you this whole time are direct quotes from white preachers from the 1950s all in support of racial segregation. All I have done is simply take out the phrase 'racial segregation' and substitute it with the phrase 'gay rights'. [...]The arguments sound so similar I got them confused. I hope you'll not make the same mistake! I hope you will stand on the right side of history. "

This man deserves loud applause and standing ovations!

Have a great day,
The Countess

No comments:

Post a Comment