Thursday 16 August 2012

Stuff that happend on the festival

Okay, so music festivals are fun, right? A huge crowd, dancing, clappinga nd sining to the same bands you like? That is like heaven! At least, that's the theory.
The reality often looks a little different. Especially for girls and women. So here are a few things that happend to me during the festival I went to last week:

  • A drunk guy wanted to randomly hug me and didn't accept no for an answer. I seriously had to shout "I REALLY don't want you to touch me!!!!" more than ones. Of course, neither he or anybody else cared. So, there went my free will...
  • While my friends and I were waiting for the next band to start plaxing, a young man came up to us and said "Come on, girls, smile for me!" We tried to ignore him because we were in the middkle of a conversation but he wasn't impressed by our reaction at all. He kept annoying us so we told him that we would rather not talk to him and that there are probably many people on this festival who would enjoy a conversation with him so he should go and find those. Again, we were ignored. He told us not to be so arrogant and whiney, he simply wanted to talk to us. Why do men often assume that because THEY want to talk to women those women HAVE TO bend to that men's will? I am a free human being and I can choose for myself with whom I want to interact. I am not there for somebody's entertainment.
  • Some guys who had the tent next to ours urinated in the middle of the road in front of their cars and tents, ran around completely naked and once I even saw one of them jerk off where everyone could see him. It was disgusting. I didn't know what to do. If this would have happend in the city I would have gone to the police! Why do people think that they can let out their inner animals on festivals? 
  • A guy spit on my head while passing by. Just because he could.

Don't get me wrong. Most people on that festival were perfectly nice and of course, the mucis was awesome so all in all I had a great time. It's just that small  percentage of (mainly) male idiots who decide that having the time of their lives means being sexist bastards. Unfortunately, these people can really take away the fun for the rest... To be honest, I'm not sure I'll be going again next year, even though I always went the last years.

Have you noticed this kind of things at festivals?
Have a great day,

The Countess


No comments:

Post a Comment